Wednesday, October 2, 2013

fear based marketing

 fear is a powerful emotion and motivator to buy.

my financial consultant, suggested to me sometime ago that "in america, only purchase a new car if you are a millionaire...get as much out of your current car as possible."  i may have taken his advice a bit too far but in the process of becoming even more financially responsible, i literally and figuratively watch every dollar i spend.

my current german model make car has continued to serve me well and has taken me as far as ohio, new york, marylannd, virginia, connecticut, new jersey and back to shoot portraits. at 145000 + miles it is strong and continues to run.   

so recently, i went to get an oil change at a monro service center  in my city and the attendant was telling me that i needed new front brake pads and rear tires for my vehicle.

now instead of simply telling me, he took out a brochure with pictures of brake pads and tires on them.  along the bottom a scales measuring the thickness of break break pads and tire threading in inches. most importantly, the scale is composed of 3 main colors: red, yellow, and green similar to a traffic light.

moreover, around the world, red is associated with danger and yellow associated with caution and green means its ok.  note well, two of 2/3 main parts of the scale is is based on caution: red and yellow.

the attendant then proceeded to check off that my brake pads were in the red zone and rear tires were in the cautionary yellow zone. now, more than likely anyone ending up in the 2/3 cautionary zones what do you think they would more than likely do? that's right, feel fear and buy, buy, buy.



how can you use some of these marketing concepts in your photography business? 

keep kewl!


1 comment:

  1. reminds me of this http://www.skipcohenuniversity.com/1/post/2013/09/marketing-monday-feature-want-to-make-more-money-from-your-photography-you-need-to-learn-how-to-close-the-sale.html

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog